Get tickets to a Soccer, Polo or Rugby Game
Argentina Division A Football Tickets & Tours
The dates for the early 2019 Division A soccer games have finally arrived! (later 2019 games are not yet published, get in touch if you would like to receive them when they are released in late July).
As we talk about in the post ‘Football Argentina: Getting a Hold of Tickets,‘ it is sometimes possible to buy tickets to games directly at the stadium for those who don’t mind waiting in line beforehand. Sometimes scalpers offer tickets online or outside the stadium for less popular games, but obviously that option has some risks.
For River Plate and Boca Juniors games, tickets are only sold to ‘club members,’ so those tickets are almost impossible for visitors to get a hold of, barring having a local friend that is a club member.
The easiest alternative is to buy a soccer game tour that includes transportation to and from the game. The benefit of this option is that it tends to go smoother and is safer — the atmosphere outside of games can be hectic and public transportation is often overloaded at the end of a match, plus accompaniment of an English-speaking football expert helps decipher the ‘beautiful game’ as it’s played in Argentina.
Please note that Argentina’s football season runs from February—May and August—December. Those who want to get a taste of Argentine football on the off-season can take the popular Bombonera and River Plate stadium tour. Visitors can also book a tour to a professional rugby or polo game during these time periods.
See Polo in its Mecca
Argentina is known for its soccer, but the sport if truly dominates worldwide is polo. Grab the chance to see famous players such as Ralph Lauren model, Nacho Figueras in action at the Argentine Polo Open, which takes place in Palermo’s ‘Polo Cathedral.’
Polo season (Nov-Dec) is now over, but you can arrange a tour to a ranch to learn polo yourself. Rugby is also very popular in Argentina. The national season runs from March until November and hosts Super Rugby fixtures.
If you are interested in seeing a professional Rugby game, check the list below and please get in touch to arrange a game.
Tours Only — No tickets
The soccer, polo, rugby game tours we arrange for the dates listed below include accompaniment by a bilingual football expert and guide. We only arrange soccer and polo tours with transport and guides, we don’t help people procure individual tickets (accept when we can get our hands on the occasional Boca ticket). Scroll down for more information about the tours.
Upcoming Matches in Buenos Aires
– Tuesday April 23, 2019 –
• HURACAN vs EMELEC (Ecuador)
Time: 4:00 p.m.
– Saturday, April 27, 2019 –
• JAGUARES vs BRUMBIES
Time: 3:30 p.m.
– Saturday, May 4, 2019 –
• JAGUARES vs STORMERS
Time: 1:30 p.m.
– Tuesday May 7, 2019 –
• RIVER PLATE vs INTER (Brazil)
Cost: $210 (Premium, catered box seats)
Time: 6:00 p.m.
– Wednesday May 8, 2019 –
• HURACAN vs DEPORTIVO LARA
Time: 4:00 p.m.
-Wednesday May 29, 2019 –
• RIVER PLATE vs ATLETICO PARANAENSE -(CONMEBOL Recopa Sudamericana final)
Cost: $375 (Premium, catered box seats — limited)
– Saturday June 8, 2019 –
• JAGUARES Vs SHARKS
Time: 1:30 p.m.
– Friday June 14, 2019 –
• JAGUARES Vs SUNWOLVES
Time: 4:00 p.m.
– Saturday July 20, 2019 –
• PUMAS Vs ALL BLACKS
About the Buenos Aires Soccer (Football) Polo, and Rugby Tours
• All game tours include transportation and a bilingual guide/football expert
• Weekday games usually leave from a downtown meeting point to avoid sitting in traffic
• Weekend games include pick up at your hotel or apartment (central Buenos Aires neighborhoods). All games include apartment or hotel drop-off after the game
• Please note, soccer game times may change, please be flexible
• We process payments via Paypal, Google Pay or Stripe, or even bitcoin, please let us know if you have a preference
• Prices are in US dollars
• Prices subject to change, unless paid in advance
• Please read our cancellation policy on our terms and conditions
• Please arrange the soccer tour at least 24 hours in advance. If the game is within 24 hours, we will still do our best to accommodate you, but there is an additional charge of $20 per ticket.
To reserve your spot, please get in touch via our contact form below
• Terms & Conditions
→Don’t forget to check out our other Buenos Aires City Tours and Day Trips.
Interested in attending the America Cup (June 14—July 7) 2019 in Brazil? Ask us about our Copa America packages to Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Porte Alegre, Belo Horizante, and Salvador. Packages include airport transfers, transfers to the stadium, tickets and accompaniment by a guide.